Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

In not-so-typical Not-So-Classic style, I am going to speak very briefly about a classic film (this one's for you, Beloved...in more ways than one!) Do you remember that classic B&W turned color turned B&W film "The Wizard of Oz" and the scene where Dorothy accidentally throws water on the wicked witch? What does the witch scream? If you know the answer, then you know what many of us are experiencing.

WE'RE MELTING!!!

Last October, the Classic/Not-So-Classic family was incredibly blessed with a house much closer to work and everything else, just in time for the gas-price's ride to the moon. When we looked at and walked through the house to consider buying it, it was nice and cool inside. Well, summer has begun to beat down upon us and we are HOT!

So I am posting today in hopes that some of you may be able to help by recommending a good individual or company who installs central A/C.

I've clicked my "ruby slipper" clad heels together and said "There's no place like home." But right now, there's no place like the library or the grocery store or work or the pool or...

Thanks! Stay COOL.

5 comments:

Promises said...

I don't have any suggestions for you, but in the meantime, if you would like to borrow a fan, we have one that you can use! Just let us know! :)

Kelli said...

You are so swell. :)

Beautiful Grace said...

Hi, Not So Classic,

Tony does do Central Air installations, however, is extremely busy at the moment. He said it probably wouldn't be until a least July until he would be available.

Something to think about...You might want to consider a heat pump, with the oil prices the way they are and all. That's if you have an oil furnace. We converted from oil to a heat pump a couple of years ago and are saving lots of money.

BTW: He does EXCELLENT work!!! I'm proud of him!!!

Krazy Klingers said...

I know this is late but we know a guy who fixed our ac for less than half of everyone else and he was the guy who originally installed it and our furnace when he worked for Zimmerman's. Now he works for himself and we tell everyone about him because he is so good. He came out the same day to fix it when everyone else was two days out.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll get the number from Dan for you.

Unknown said...

Ohhh!! You wicked brat!! I'm melting!! MELTING!!! Ohhh!!! What a world!!! How could you ruin me and my beautiful wickedness!! Ohhh!!! My legs!!! MY LEGS!!! They're melting!! Ohhhhhhhh!!!