Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sick Days

Ok, so I may not be the smartest cookie in the ocean, or the most intelligent apple in the barnyard, but one thing I know is that sick days are not easy. At least not for me.

If you know me, I'm a doer. Like it says in James, "Be doers, not just hearers..." I'm a doer. Alright, the scripture is speaking of the Word of the Lord and I am taking it slightly out of context, but the fact is that if I am not doing something, I'm lost. This makes sick days really difficult. And today was no exception.

I took a sick day today because I was, um, sick. Something in my stomach woke me at 3am and I laid awake for a good hour and a half. And when the alarm went off at 6:30, I felt even worse. So I called in sick, and My Beloved took great care of me (mainly by letting me rest.) That's the hard part: the resting. It's not my style. I need to "Do." But what I really need to "do" is learn from our Maker's example and rest. I got plenty of that today, and wouldn't you know it, it worked!

I will be returning to work tomorrow.

4 comments:

Krazy Klingers said...

We are so glad to have you back!!!

Kelli said...

I don't mind taking care of you at all, sicky.

Melissa said...

What's a sick day?

Can someone please explain this concept to my children and the dog?

Beautiful Grace said...

Good talking to you last night. Glad to see you are feeling better.

Great news about your moving today. (I was going to say tomorrow, but relaized today is tomorrow.) Wow, it's too early to be thinking like this.

Bless you and your Beautifully Classic family!!!