Friday, July 17, 2009

10 Day Bachelor: 1 Day Down

It would not be at all surprising if you were to ask, "Where is your family?" Since I haven't posted since Christmas, you wouldn't know that my girls (Classic Mama and Scarlett) are out of the country on a covert mission...really! And they will be gone for 10 days. Since I don't want to use all of my vacation time to stay home with Bubba, we decided that he would be happy and in good hands if left at the home of the Original Classic Mama. Therefore, I am a temporary bachelor for the next 10 days.

While there are a lot of things that I want to accomplish with the house in a state of near emptiness (like scrape and paint the front parts of the house, cut down a pine tree, add a light switch in the basement...to name just a few) I really miss my family. Classic told me to keep busy and remember to eat, which is actually good advice, and I'll be fine. But when I go to bed tonight, I will not have that companionship that I have grown to love and need. I won't have the kisses from my wonderful children when I go off to work. This is OUR house and it's too big for one person, so I pray that they come back to me safely and that the rest of the days go by quickly.

3 comments:

Beautiful Grace said...

Such a beautiful testimony of love for your family, and I am not surprised, Not So Classic!

Bless you!

Kelli said...

You are the most amazing man in the universe and I'm so glad to be your wife. Scarlett and I are fine and we think about you often. See you soon!!

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you need help cutting down that tree! :) (or anything else for that matter...)