Sunday, July 19, 2009

10 Day Bachelor: 2 Days Down

Yesterday was uneventful...really. I woke up at 5am to the sound of a stopwatch alarm that was somehow set by Bubba. I guess it was his way of sticking it to me for leaving him with the in-laws. But don't worry, I went back to bed until about 9am.

It's amazing that with all of the projects that I would like to do around the house, I somehow lose the motivation when it comes to actually doing them. I spent the morning watching for Classic Mama online while ripping CDs for my "non-16-gig-iPod touch" media device. But I did not see her during the morning. So I was doing things online (like seeing how to properly harvest black walnuts for their apparently wonderful flavor...a harvest which may be some retribution for the annoyance of them being in our lawn).

Speaking of the lawn, I did mow it yesterday. That was good.

In the evening I went to church where I received a voicemail from My Beloved. So, instead of sitting in the service, I went into my office, turned on the service through my phone and went online to find Classic... again to no avail. The message was good, though (what I heard of it). The speaker talked of William Penn and the Message of freedom that he was called to bring to this great nation (and it IS a great nation!!). William Penn was on fire for the work of the Lord, and we need to bring that fire back to the BLAZE that Penn (and the Lord) intended.

Well, when I got home, I saw that there was an email from Classic that was sent only a minute before I read it, so I immediately went on to find her. There she was!!!! We chatted for a while and she and Scarlett are doing great. I love technology and how it allows people who are a world away to talk like they are in the next room. However, text will never replace the close intimacy that we have when we are together. "Absence make the heart grow fonder."

It's true. I miss you, Beloved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you cut down that tree yet? :p

Promises said...

so sweet! This made me smile, and I am sure that is made Classic Mama smile a lot too!