Thursday, July 23, 2009

10 Day Bachelor: 5/6/7 Days Down

The past couple of days have been full of activity. Last night we had our church picnic. It poured for about 10 minutes as we were setting up for the evening. But it cooled down a good bit after that and it was a really nice evening. Lots of chicken for us to eat over the next week at the church!! I was there until about 9:15 getting things put away and relatively clean... standard work for the picnics. Did some stuff when I got home and went to bed at 1:00am.

Today was a pretty good day, too... at first. I finished a project that I have been working on for over a month and it looks great!! If you want to see it, all you have to do is watch the screens when you go into church before the srevice begins. I'm very happy with the turnout. So after work I went to some friends' house for pot pie--actually in PIE form, to all you native Pennsylvanians.
** Rabbit Trail: Why is "Pot Pie," (to Pennsylvanians) just in a big pot, full of broth,
and topped with some dough called "Pie?" Riddle me that!
Anyway, it was really good PIE and the laughs were plentiful. I was really enjoying my visit when I got a phone call from work. One of our video projectors blew another lamp...the second one in 2 weeks! Well we don't normally keep $800 lamps in stock, so if you wish to see the awesome work that I did this weekend, you'll have to look to the left when you go in. Well, I was looking forward to taking tomorrow off so that I can clean the house and make everything comfortable and calm for the return of my beautiful ladies on Sunday. But it may be inevitable that I go in to do some legwork in getting new lamps or projectors. Arrgh!!

Tonight also provided a pretty heavy storm to our section of the Commonwealth...enough to cause some pretty major flooding of creeks and rivers. While I was at work tonight, I heard that one family had water up to their porch, and their basement full of water. And as I came home, I got a call from a woman (whose husband is on the same covert operation as My Beloved and Scarlett) asking if I could email Classic Mama, to relay to her husband that their basement was underwater as well. And when walked to our basement, there was some water there, too, although only a small section was damp. This was a pretty big storm, so please pray for the families whose homes are damaged that nothing would be lost and that restoration and repairs would be quick and inexpensive.

So, it is now 12:32am and I am going to bed so that I can awaken tomorrow early enough to get the house clean, get some other continuing stuff done, and possibly go up to get Bubba from the Original Classics. I miss my little guy. I miss my girls. Three more days... three days until the resurrection, er, uh, reunion!

Stay dry!

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

I miss you, Daddy and I love you lots and lots! PS Please don't lock me in the basement!

Beautiful Grace said...

Hey,

Great work on that project for church! I saw it last night, COOL!

You need to get that lamp fixed quickly though, as I had to sit in another pew in order to see the screen. Oh, the horror of it, I couldn't sit in my "traditional seat." :)